An eco-adventure in Costa Rica with the KiteSirens!
Join an eco-adventure into tropical, wild, windy and off the beaten path kite spots in Costa Rica! A country known around the world for its watersports possibilities, rainforests, biodiversity, beautiful beaches and the ‘pura vida’ life style!
Spaces are limited so sign up by sending an email to email@example.com.
Why with the KiteSirens?
- Travel like a pro kitesurfer from Costa Rica: The KiteSirens have partnered up with Melissa Gil from MG Surfline. Melissa is professional kitesurfer who has been raised in Costa Rica. She knows all the secrets for an unforgettable local experience! Read our Costa Rica blog to know more about why to choose Costa Rica as your next kite trip!
- Not just a kite trip: With every booking one Costa Rican kid in risk of social exclusion will receive surf lessons during one year through the social project Surf4Youth.
- Learn with certified, experienced and passionate instructors: Carolina and Andrea are IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) kitesurf instructors with years of experience. Melissa Gil has more than 13 years coaching kitesurfing, is the Kite Speed World Champion and Outright Women’s Speed Sailing Record Holder.
- Everything is planned! The KiteSirens’ team has everything organised to assure quality kitesurf sessions, epic adventures and relaxing comfort.
What is included
- Accommodation: 6 nights and 7 days at the best locations with the best comfort to kitesurf and enjoy life surrounded by nature. The basic package for accommodation will include double occupancy rooms. Single occupancy is available for an extra fee if requested.
- Meals: breakfast, a light lunch and dinner.
- Daily transportation: to and from the kitespots, and the transfer between Bahia Salinas and Lake Arenal.
- Daily kitesurfing lessons: 3h of lessons/day for beginners (1-2 students and 1 instructor) and advanced riders (2-4 students and 1 instructor).
- Airport transfers: transfer from hotels near the airport in San Jose (SJO)/Liberia to Bahia Salinas on the morning of November 21st. The departing transfer will be organised from Lake Arenal to the airport and/or nearby hotels on November 27th.
- Daily yoga sessions.
- Adventure trips: to La Fortuna Waterfalls, Isla Bolaños, hot springs and more!
What is not included
- Gear rental: the latest 2018 Cabrinha gear is available for rental. Ask us for a quote!
- Airport transfers falling outside of the pre-scheduled transfer time.
- Insurance: all interested guests must have Travel Insurance in order to sign up for the trip.
- Additional adult beverages.
Kiteboarding in Costa Rica: Main Itinerary
Day 1, 2 and 3 (Nov 21st -24th)
Playa Copal, Bahia Salinas
In the border with Nicaragua, Playa Copal from Bahia Salinas will be our first stop.
Playa Copal is a kitesurf paradise for all levels. Flat water, sea turtles, 18-25+mph, side onshore wind and a long stretch of beach, is ideal to improve your kiting skills, however you are learning the basics of want to practice some freestyle.
You can’t miss this piece of paradise!
The accommodation is located right at the beach, in front of the kite spot. It’s a cozy lodging where you will find everything you need to relax after a day of kiting.
Day 4, 5 and 6 (Nov 24th to 27th)
On day 4, after a morning session at Bahia Salinas we will travel to Lake Arenal.
This is going to be an adventure into the heart of Costa Rica. Surrounded by rainforest and volcanos, lake Arenal is one of the top lakes in the world for kitesurfing, for its windy conditions (+25mph) and epic scenario. The landscape is stunning and the backdrop is nothing less than an active volcano. Due to its location, there are many secrets to discover during no wind days such as waterfalls and hot springs!
The best hotel has been selected to make sure you are close to the kite spot and with all the comfort a kitesurfer needs: spa service, views to the lake and the volcano and magical lodges that will make you feel you are dreaming.
Every person that books the trip to Costa Rica will allow one Costa Rican kid in risk of social exclusion to attend surf lessons for a year with Surf4Youth.
We want to have fun kiting but also make a positive impact to the community of our favorite kite spots. Social development is part of the KiteSirens philosophy, as we know the passion for a sport can change the life of a person. Check out our Sun Tribe social project if you want to know more about how we give back to our communities.
- Last day to book your trip is October 25th 2017.
- Special offer for subscribers! Get now the 15% off $1487USD (instead of $1750USD).
- Bank transfer or PayPal payments are accepted.
Are you interested in joining us kiteboarding in Costa Rica? Send us a message below!